This website is operated by Urban-Vertical CIC. The privacy of our users is important to us and therefore we encourage all users to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information regarding:
1. who we are;
2. how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information;
3. your rights in relation to your personal information;
4. how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint.
Who we are.
Urban-Vertical CIC (‘we or us’) collect, use and are responsible for storing certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as a ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purpose of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use.
A) Personal information you provide to us.
We collect the following personal information that you provide to us, name, address email and phone numbers. Some examples of when we collect this information include when registering an account, making orders, subscribing to website, email and telephone enquiries
B) Personal information you provide about third parties.
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agree that you:
· shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data
· shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf
· shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data abroad
C) Monitoring and recording communications.
We may monitor communications such as emails and telephone calls for the following purposes: quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
D) Cookies and similar technologies
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer or electronic device when you access our website. Similar technologies include web beacons, action tags, local shared objects (‘flash cookies’) and single-pixel GIFs. Such technologies can be used to track users’ actions and activities, and to store information about them. We use these cookies and/or similar technologies on this website.
In addition, it should be noted that in some cases our cookies or similar technologies may be owned and controlled by third parties who will also collect personal information about you.
This information helps us build a profile of our users. Some of this information may be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
How we use your personal information.
We collect information about our users for the following purposes: to identify user and manage their accounts, process user’s orders, conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis.
Who your information may be shared with.
We may share your information with law enforcement agencies in connexion with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity. We will not share your personal information with any third parties.
We would like to send you information about products, services, offers, competitions and our business which may be of interest to you. Such information could be sent by post, email or telephone text message. We will ask you whether you would like us to send you marketing messages on the first occasion that you provide any relevant contact information (i.e., on purchase of your first order, signing up to a newsletter or entering a competition) If you do opt in to receive such marketing from us you can opt out at any time.
(see ‘what rights do you have?’ below for further information)
If you have any queries about how to opt out, or if you are receiving messages you do not want you can contact us using the details provided below.
How long your personal information will be kept.
We will hold your personal information for the following periods: Name and address - 6 years to satisfy UK tax law, Age - once you have age once your age has been verified by us it will be immediately deleted. These periods are no longer than necessary in each case.
Reasons we collect and use your personal information.
We rely on the information as a lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information:
3. Legal obligation
Keeping your information secure.
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will also use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure. These measures may include the following examples: All data is stored on secure servers and payment details are encrypted using SSL.
We are certified to ISO 27001. This family of standards helps us manage your information and keep it safe and secure.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you of any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Indeed, while we will use or reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security of integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the Internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA.
We will not transfer your personal information out of the EEA at any time.
Children and the validity of consent.
Where we obtain consent from any user, we will take reasonable steps to ascertain whether the user is over 13 years of age and whether the child is sufficiently informed to give valid consent. If the user is not, parental consent will be required to provide consent for the processing any personal information.
What rights do you have?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to.
· fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information
· access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
· require us to correct any mistake in your information which we hold
· require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
· received the personal information concerning you which have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
· object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
· object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
· object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
· otherwise restrict our processing of your person information in certain circumstances
· claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance from the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) or individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulations https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please
· email, call or write to us
· let us have enough information to identify you
· let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving licence, passport or a recent utility bill)
· let us know the information to which you request relates
From time to time we may also have other methods to unsubscribe (opt out) from any direct marketing including for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links. If such are offered, please note that there may be some period after selecting to unsubscribe in which marketing may still be received while your request is being processed.
Do you need extra help?
If you would like this policy in another format, for example as an audio file or in large print please contact using the details below.
If you have any questions about this policy, or the information we hold about you, please contact us by:
Post: 91 Andrew Rd, Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan. CF64 2NU